The U9 (formerly Novice) level is for girls 7 or 8 year's old (Grades 2-3).This next level is still designed for beginners and builds on the basic hockey skills they learned in U7. The program is progressive in nature and it is designed to build love for the game, personal and team skills, knowledge of hockey and coordination. Players do not have to know how to skate to sign up. The program focuses on:
- Skating forward and backward, stopping starting, turning
- Puck handling
- Shooting and passing
- Basic hockey rules
- Basic hockey strategy
- Recreational fun games
- Building friendships and learning teamwork skills
- Benefits of Avalanche Hockey
- Player does not have to know how to skate
- Player is not required to have completed U7 hockey
The season begins in September and ends in early March. U9s will usually have 1-2 practices per week with games beginning later in the season. Home games are played on the North Shore and away games are within the lower mainland.
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.